Thursday, December 10, 2009
Women's rights- Women had been put down for many years before the 1900's. At that time, the women believed that it was time for them to stop being put down and do what they think is right. The women battled for the right to vote, and won. There are organizations to this day that are made for backing women and what they do. There are also many important women figures to this day, such as Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie, and Jessice Alba.
I Have a Dream- The speech said by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Washington D.C. during the march on washington. This speech was one of the most powerful speeches ever told. It moved many americans to move from the segregation of the colors, the racism towards each other, and to change and allow every man to be created equal.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
1) Tiger in the Bunker: There was obviously something going on to make him crash in his driveway. He probably wasn't drinking but a family matter might have been at hand. Who cares? A lot of families get into fights, I don't understand why the post needs to write about it.
2) Seniors and drugs: This is a very informative article, the post needs to say more about these kind of topics and not if Tiger woods likes to paint his nails.
3) Seattle police killing suspect: The man killed 4 policeman and he think if he just walked around with a stolen gun from one of the officers, that he wouldn't be shot at by the cops. It was totally his fault.
4) 34,000 troops sent to Afghanistan: This is also another informative article. The people deserve to know what the person that they elected is doing in the office. He is hoping to have an "end-game" to the fight in Afghanistan. I hope that his plan works out.
5) 4 Guantanamo detainees get moved to Europe: Good.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Thomas Paine attacks the British government and way of life through this piece. He says that monarchy has flaws and should not be based on hereditary succession. This is why they have had corrupted kings.
He also says that this is the most opportune moment for the Americans to leave British rule. He says that they could fight the war and have a Navy almost the size of the British. They could Unite and become one to stand against the British. Paine says that at this time it is imperative that the Americans should call for
I believe that Thomas Paine was correct in these accounts. He was right to challenge the British King and call him a pansy. Thomas Paine is my hero.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of Independence, looked at John Locke before he wrote the Declaration of Independence. In the Beginning of the Declaration, Thomas Jefferson says that "Men are endowed with creation unalienable rights; these are among Life,
In a sense, Thomas Jefferson also took the idea of letting the people run the society. John Locke says that everyone in the society helps the society out. This allows for the people to rule, not the government. But, Thomas Jefferson’s thinking of the government, is that the people rule, but elect certain officials to govern for them. They choose these officials by voting and they speak for the people. Thomas Jefferson obviously looked at John Locke’s writings, along with other earlier political thinkers.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Locke believes that the individuals give the society the power. Which i believe to be true. The government shoul not have all the power so that the people are forced to an un-free world. If that were to happen in America, i would move to Europe (which i really do not wish to do)